Friday, December 12, 2008

Grace In Motion (Now)


Have you ever seen a horse tip over whilst itching himself?

Take it from me...it's damn funny.

Chester merely tolerates his winter blanket...which is a HUGE improvement from shredding and/or eating it. Trust me.

Anyway, he is completely itchy whenever I take the blanket off to ride. Last week, after I tacked him up for a ride, he reached around to itch his shoulder and tipped s-l-o-w-l-y to the right. He caught himself, but was on two legs for a moment.

I have no room to talk about gracefulness (or lack thereof). I tripped over my own two feet a month ago, fell of my parents' deck, and broke my arm.

I'm thinking, just like stubborness and a dislike for authority, clumsiness is something else I share with my Spotted Beast.

4 comments:

morris said...

not actually commenting on your blog, but where in Upstate NY? My mare is boarded just outside of Auburn.

Cute Pinto Bean!!

NYCowgirl said...

Hi, Morris-

I'm just outside of Rochester. We have shown a bit near Auburn.

Just out of curiosity...how did you find my blog?

Have a great day!

Christine said...

Oh that's hilarious! I know a couple of horses that would be silly enough to get themselves into the same situation ;)

NYCowgirl said...

Chris-

Yes...as beautiful and as graceful as horses seem to be, they can be awful goofy sometimes!